Inspired by the fact that I promised a recipe from the last post from my truffle class, this pizza is through and through a mushroom explosion.
I start with a truffle crust using unbleached flour and truffle flour.
Then, I make my own flatbread crust on the grill and add savory toppings to compliment the truffle crust and truffle oil.
Stovetop griddle or
Pizza stone in 375 degree oven or
Pizza stone over high heat grill
1 cup warm water
1 ounce yeast (3 1/3 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon sugar
15.3 ounces unbleached flour (3 ½ cups)
¼ teaspoon truffle flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Place warm water, yeast and sugar into mixing bowl and let sit 4-5 minutes
2. Add flour and salt and using a dough hook, knead dough in a mixer for about 10 minutes
3. Sprinkle surface with small amount of flour and turn out dough
4. Cut dough into 6 pieces, roll in hand to form small balls and place onto sheet pan
5. Rub small amount of oil onto each ball using fingers or pastry brush
6. Cover with plastic wrap or towel and let sit for 4-5 minutes
7. Uncover dough, take each piece and roll out onto a floured surface to desired shape
8. Cook bread on stovetop griddle until brown or on a pizza stone in oven or grill
9. Top with ingredients, keeping to minimum so as not to create a soggy crust
a. Rub small amount of truffle oil on crust and top with ingredients
10. Bake in a 375 degree oven or grill 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted and light brown
“Whatever it is you are looking for, I hope you can eat it.”
Stay tuned as I will be sharing my latest, “firsts in the kitchen”.